Multi-State Business Attorney
Mr. Bhatia prides himself in being able to serve our firm's business clients in the following states: California, New York, Texas, and Washington, D.C. Mr. Bhatia and his team excels in providing unparalleled business law and litigation services and has successfully represented a wide range of clients from all sizes, from individuals, start ups, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies.
What Can Our Business Litigation Team Do For You?
Although we assist our clients with avoiding litigation as much as possible, sometimes the occasion calls for court action. Our team and network of sophisticated experts are in your corner to strategically and aggressively ensure the best possible outcome for you in the midst of a court battle. The following are some of the typical remedies you may be entitled to if you find yourself in a midst of a commercial dispute:
- Compensatory: These damages are commonly awarded in business disputes and are meant to pay for any monetary loss you or your business suffered or will likely suffer as a result of the defendant's breach or wrongful conduct.
- Restitution: These type of damages aim to strip away any positive gains the defendant breaching party as a result of their wrongful conduct. The goal for this form of remedy is to restore the plaintiff or non-breaching party to their original position before the defendant's wrongful conduct.
- Liquidated Damages: This form of damages are usually an agreed upon amount that is embedded in the contract at issue and typically calls for a lump sum award to the non-breaching party in case of a breach by the other party.
- Punitive: These types of damages, although rare to obtain, are meant to punish an individual who intentionally or maliciously engage in illegal and unethical tactics that cause you significant financial and emotional harm. These damages usually compliment your compensatory damages with the aim of punishing the wrongdoer and discourage future fraudulent behavior.
- Injunctive Relief: Sometimes money isn't everything and action is needed to put a halt to a defendant's ongoing wrongful actions. This where injunctive relief comes in. This remedy aims to permanently stop the defendant from continuing on with their wrongful tactics in order to prevent you from sustaining future damages to you and your business. This remedy is commonly sought in disputes involving trademark and copyright infringements, and theft of trade secrets.
- Preliminary Injunction: Often times, you may be aware that a defendant is ready to commit wrongful and illegal actions that can cause you significant monetary loss and irreparable harm. Because court actions can take years to resolve, in some cases, the court can award a preliminary injunction to halt the defendant's ongoing illegal and wrongful actions while the case is pending and before the court decides on issuing a permanent injunction.
- Temporary Restraining Order: Often times, you may need immediate action to halt a defendant's ongoing wrongful conduct even before the court considers issuing a preliminary injunction. Fortunately, a temporary restraining order ("TRO") can immediately stop a defendant dead in his tracks from committing ongoing unlawful acts at the outset of the lawsuit. This remedy can be granted after a lawsuit is filed on a "ex parte basis," which calls the Court to hear the matter based on an emergency basis. If the court grants the TRO then it generally has the same force and effect as a preliminary injunction until the court makes a decision on issuing the preliminary injunction.
Your Business Becomes Our Business
Our team is ready to rise to the challenge and stand alongside you and your business. We have significant experience in prosecuting and defending clients in a wide range of disputes including but not limited to the following:
- Breach of Contract
- Corporate Misconduct
- Real Estate Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- Unfair Business Practices
- Fraud and Misrepresentations
- Corporate & Professional Liability
- Trade Secret Agreements
- Collections & Payment Disputes
- Business Defamation & Trade Libel
- Copyright & Trademark Infringement
Our team understands and values your business and investment. Therefore, we are committed to safeguarding them with our proven winning strategies when the occasion calls for your matter to be taken to court.